Destination Perth undertakes an annual program of strategic marketing activities.
Our marketing activities are designed to attract visitors to our region and to increase our region's domestic and international profile. Our hands on approach and diverse marketing programs strengthen industry bound business relationships, forms key partnerships with trade and develops strong influential messages targeted direct to consumers.
Our comprehensive consumer travel website is the call to action for all our marketing activities and includes destination information, things to see and do, tourism business listings, event listings and product promotions.
Our marketing activities include a schedule of brand and tactical campaigns and promotions, integrated across primarily digital platforms, targeting consumers at all levels of the decision making process to explore Perth and surrounds.
Due to the impacts of COVID-19 the interstate and international activities we have undertaken in previous years have been suspended indefinitely and will be reviewed as appropriate. Some of the activities mentioned may also change as a result. Any changes or updates to the planned activities will be communicated with members.
Key Marketing Activities for 2020/2021
- Seasonal tactical and brand advertising, promotions and campaigns to drive traffic to our website and visitation to the Perth region;
- Supporting Tourism WA and Tourism Australia in facilitating media and trade familiarisations;
- Attendance at trade and consumer events (virtual attendance in 2020/2021);
- Production of electronic destination collateral, including the Perth Holiday Planner, Perth Trade and Media Guide and Perth Trade and Media USB & Product Profiles;
- Online activities and communications, including a social media strategy across all major platforms, regular e-newsletters to our intrastate consumer database, event promotion on experienceperth.com and offer-driven promotions to our consumer database and social media network;
Destination Perth Members can participate a range of cooperative opportunities to support some of these key activities. These opportunities present unique and cost effective ways to partake in various forms of advertising and promotion that could otherwise, prove costly and unattainable for smaller businesses. Learn more about our marketing activities and member opportunities below or view our Marketing Activities and Opportunities Calendar for further details.
Advertising Promotions and Campaigns
We implement a series of digital advertising campaigns and promotions to drive traffic to our website and social media channels, and in turn travel bookings for participating members and visitation in the region.
Our focus for 2020/2021 will be in supporting Tourism WA's major campaign activities as well as encouraging travel and bookings through our own ad-hoc campaigns and promotions that highlight key experiences, member offers, things to see and do and events. We also provide opportunities for members and operators to advertise their product, offers and events to our website visitors and social media network.
#SeePerth is a dedicated paid Facebook advertising campaign promoting an advertisers’ offer, deal or event to an Australian audience, with a dedicated landing page on experienceperth.com and promotion through social media. Campaigns run monthly from January to December, with 12 spaces available for members to book to promote their deal, offer or event to the Destination Perth Facebook audience.
Offer Me Perth is a four-week campaign that includes a single message EDM to the Destination Perth consumer database, dedicated landing page on experienceperth.com and an Instagram Story. The Offer Me Perth campaigns run monthly from January to December, with 12 spaces available for members to book to promote their offer or event to the Destination Perth consumer audiences.
Banner advertising helps build awareness of your brand and extend your audience reach, appearing on our homepage and key internal content pages. Banner adverts appear on our homepage and key internal content pages and can be booked in 3, 6, 12 or 18 month blocks.
- Advertise your products, offers and events in our seasonal campaigns and promotions. These advertising opportunities are communicated to members via regular emails and our monthly Member EDM.
- Advertise holiday offers or events in a #SeePerth and/or Offer Me Perth campaign. View the #SeePerth Prospectus and Offer Me Perth Prospectus for more information. Please note that bookings 2021 for these activities are full, if you would like to be added to the cancellation list email email@example.com.
- Book banner advertising space on the website. Downloading the Banner Advertising Prospectus and the Banner Advertising Booking Form.
Media and PR
Tourism Australia and Tourism WA coordinate trade and media familiarisations, hosting groups and individuals from both domestic and international markets. Familiarisations are coordinated with the experiences relevant to the particular market in mind, and often prove valuable in educating trade, showcasing new products and precinct developments.
Destination Perth supports these familiarisations by providing destination information, suggestions of destinations and products to include in itineraries, and hosting where required. We ensure that the visiting trade and media are exposed to the most enriching experiences.
- Receive priority inclusion and/or involvement in trade and media famils - put forward an EOI for consideration by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trade and Consumer Events
Destination Perth attend key trade and consumer events, representing Destination Perth and showcasing product to interstate and international audiences.
- Purchase a Product Profile on our Trade and Media USB distributed at Trade and Media events that also includes destination information and itineraries to buyers.
- Members who advertise in the Perth Holiday Planner, receive promotion via distribution of the Perth Holiday Planner at consumer events. Note, there is no opportunity to purchase advertising in 2021. This is planned to resume in 2022.
- Keep us updated with new products and experiences that we can communicate to trade and media.
The Destination Perth Holiday Planner is Western Australia's premier publication promoting the destination of Perth to domestic and international trade and consumers. For the current year, we updated the editorial of the 2020 Holiday Planner and produced a refreshed online version, available here.
We also produce a Trade and Media Guide (electronic) and a Trade USB (see Product Profile opportunity above) for distribution at trade and media events.
- Advertise in the electronic Perth Holiday Planner - in the form of a free listing for the 2021 Edition.
- Receive automatic inclusion in the electronic Trade and Media Guide.
Online Activities & Communications
Our social media activity creates destination awareness and engagement and is an important channel in our marketing strategy. Destination Perth has a strong social media presence with an engaged following on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Twitter. Our social media content strategy includes campaign promotions, product features and mentions, events and destination related content, with the aim of sharing engaging and inspiring content with our followers.
Our website attracts millions of visitors each year, with ideas about what to do and where to stay in Perth. Destination Perth members automatically receive a business listing on our website that includes product description, images and logo, operating hours, room/tour types and more. We link to business listing from relevant pages on our website, blog articles, event listings, campaign pages, EDMs and social media.
One of the most popular sections on our website is the Events Calendar where we list a wide range of leisure focused events including art exhibitions, concerts and performances, sporting events and food and arts festivals. Individual event listings are featured onto relevant campaign pages, destination and region pages and content pages.
We communicate regularly with our consumer audience via EDM, promoting our seasonal campaigns and activities, things to see and do and upcoming events and festivals.
- Tag or mention us @Destinationperth and include our hashtag #SeePerth in your social media posts to extend your reach. Send us your social media handles so we can support you, and like/fan our pages too.
- Keep your business listing up to date by logging into the Member Login Portal to regularly check your content. If you have any queries about your listing or require your login details to be re-sent please email email@example.com.
- Advertise in our campaigns, submit your events to our calendar and keep us updated with your product for consideration in seasonal e-newsletters and social media posts and mentions.
- Submit your events to be included on the Events Calendar.
- Add us as an industry partner by incorporating our logo and/or website link to your website.
Members can contact the Destination Perth Team at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more about their membership and member opportunities currently available. If you are not a member and are interested in joining find out more about becoming a member.