Each year, PRTO develops a schedule of marketing activity that outlines our sales, marketing and business development functions in specific markets.
We also list cooperative promotions for members to consider and factor into their marketing and business plan. These marketing activities present unique and cost effective ways to partake in various forms of advertising and promotion that could otherwise, prove costly and unattainable for smaller businesses.
The below summarises just some of the activities available to our members. Learn more about each of the activities below and view the Destination Perth Cooperative Marketing Calendar. We've also introduced a brochure developed for members to learn more about each of the cooperative activities available to them. Download our Marketing Cooperative Handbook (PDF) for more.
List your business on experienceperth.com
Every year, our website provides around 1.4 million visitors with ideas about what to see and do in Perth, where to stay, exciting events and much more. As part of your membership, you are allocated a page on our website. You can use this listing to:
- Describe your product and what visitors can expect
- Feature your logo and images
- Showcase what makes you stand out from your competitors.
Website banner advertising
In addition to your product listing, PRTO gives you the opportunity to advertise your product on our website through banner advertising, helping you build awareness of your brand with a new audience and drive traffic to your website.
Banner adverts appear on our homepage and key internal content pages and can be booked in 3, 6, 12 or 18 month blocks. Find out more about banner advertising by downloading the Banner Advertising Prospectus. To book, download and return the Banner Advertising Booking Form.
Event and festival promotion
Did you know we offer you the opportunity to promote your event or festival online with us as well? Our events page is one of the most popular areas of our website, so it's a fantastic platform to promote your upcoming event. Visit our events page and submit your own event. Member events are selected to appear on dedicated landing pages around holiday events including Christmas and New Year, school holidays, Easter Long Weekend and Mother's and Father's Day.
Seasonal consumer campaigns
We run four seasonal campaigns each year, focusing on winter, spring, summer and autumn. These campaigns have been designed to boost traffic to our website and in turn, travel bookings for our members at certain times of the year. At these specific times of the year, we'll invite members to join the multi-channel campaigns. If you choose to participate, you'll be generating exposure for your business and encouraging new enquiries or bookings.
Tactical consumer campaigns
Throughout the year we schedule a number of smaller, but significant, digital and/or print campaigns where you could be invited to submit an offer, deal or event to contribute to the campaign. These campaigns often involve little or no investment from you, so they are a cost-effective way to promote your business.
Feature in our eNewsletters
We communicate regularly with our database of consumers, travel trade, industry and media, with a large proportion of consumers genuinely seeking more information about what they can experience in Perth. Below are ways that you can be involved each type of eNewsletter
- Consumer E-Newsletter - join our seasonal consumer campaigns for winter, spring, autumn and summer for the chance to feature your offer/deal/product/event in our monthly consumer e-newsletters to over 70,000 consumers world-wide.
- Travel Trade and Media E-Newsletter - keep us up to date with your new products or services or any news relevant to trade and media, for inclusion in our quarterly trade and media e-newsletter to over 4,000 trade and media world-wide.
- Member E-Newsletter - keep us up to date with your new products or services or any new relevant to fellow members and travel industry representatives, for inclusion in our monthly member e-newsletter to over 500 members, businesses and industry in Perth.
Create an offer for our database
We have developed a new marketing initiative that gives you the opportunity to promote an offer, event or discount to our consumer database. Your business can be featured in a single message email with a prominent lead to a dedicated landing page on our website for visitors to book or find out more.
This is an opportunity open exclusively to our members, using our two largest and most powerful communication tools: our database of subscribed consumers and our website to help you promote your business and generate awareness of your product. For more information about this activity, please contact email@example.com.
Destination Perth online network
We're here to help you promote your product and the destination of Perth and create touchpoints with as many visitors as possible. Members can join the Destination Perth Online Network to connect our members through social and digital platforms. The components to the online network:
- Destination Perth logo and website links – Add us to your website as an industry partner. You can either link the logo back to our homepage or to your specific listing, the choice is yours.
- eNewsletters – We'll check you have signed up to our Destination Perth eNewletter and in return would like to receive your business eNewsletter so we can learn about your new products, offers and events.
- Social media – Let us know your social media handles, we will like/fan your pages and help you grow your network. You can like/fan our pages too. Destination Perth handles:
By adding #SeePerth to your posts across any social media platform, you are giving permission to Destination Perth to share, retweet and repost your post or images with our followers.
Destination Perth holiday planner
Our annual publication is the official holiday guide to Perth and surrounds and is used by Tourism WA and other industry bodies to promote Perth as a leisure and holiday destination.
We send out invitations to advertise in the planner within the first quarter of each financial year. You can then work with us to develop the best advertisement to profile your business. The planner is printed in December each year with a 12-month shelf life. Find out more about the Destination Perth Holiday Planner and register to advertise here.
Throughout the year, we might invite you to contribute to trade or consumer shows throughout Australia and within international markets by providing you the opportunity to participate in brochure distribution is an easy and cost effective way to promote your business. When you receive an invitation, all you need to do is register your interest and provide us with the quantity of brochures we need – we'll do the rest.
Take the next steps
We're here to help you develop and promote your business and make the most of your Destination Perth membership. For more information, download our Marketing Cooperative Handbook or get in touch:
Phone: 08 9321 9120