The new Western Australian Museum will open its doors to the public on Saturday 21 November with a new building and a new name: WA Museum Boola Bardip.
Located at the heart of the Perth Cultural Centre on Whadjuk Nyoongar land, Boola Bardip means 'many stories' in local Nyoongar language.
WA Museum are running a free ballot for people to visit during a nine-day opening celebration that begins on Saturday 21 November. Successful ballot entrants, who are entitled to up to six tickets each, will enjoy a self-guided tour, lasting about two hours that will give a taste of everything the Museum has to offer, including:
- New exhibitions that explore the rich diversity of Western Australia’s cultural and natural heritage.
- Thousands of objects from the Museum’s collection.
- Many stories and perspectives, including those of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, and those of WA’s multicultural population.
- Innovative and interactive technology.
- A stunning new architectural build designed by international consortium Hassell + OMA.