The Cale Street Festival returns to bring heaps of fun to Midland on Sunday 23 February.
Following a successful debut last year, the festival will celebrate all that Summer offers with family friendly activities, market stalls, live music and delicious food outlets. The event is being coordinated by local town team, Midland Junction Collective, who are working with the theme wheel-ability.
Involving as many community groups and local businesses as possible, the Cale Street Festival aims to showcase the power of the wheel through energy production, artworks, transport and entertainment.
Other highlights of the Cale Street Festival include:
- live music ranging from jazz to indi rock to Bollywood and brass with entertainment stages featuring local performers, DJs, big bands and soloists
- a variety of food experiences with alfresco offerings from local restaurants and cafes
- pop-up street bars
- family fun including carnival rides, a special zone of free activities, face painting and plenty more for the kids
- weird and wonderful art activations throughout the precinct
- plenty of retail therapy with local business specials and market stalls
- roving entertainment performing around the festival all day