The stretch of countryside from Moore River to Gingin is an appealing place to explore.
The Gingin and Moore River Region is a beautiful area just an hour's drive north of Perth City following the coast or heading off on the Great Northern Highway.
Things to do in Moore River and Gingin
- Enjoy the great outdoors and paddle along the Moore River.
- Windsurf, dive, snorkel, swim or surf in the crystal clear waters.
- Sample award winning wines at one of the region's many wineries.
- Enjoy the fresh local produce including seafood, olives, citrus fruit and honey.
- Meander along the many walking trails throughout the region.
- Discover unique and interesting local arts and crafts.
- Take a relaxing drive through the picturesque countryside.
- During spring view beautiful wildflowers throughout the region.
Start your explorations on the coast at Guilderton which boasts an idyllic coastal setting and is situated on the banks of the languid Moore River. There are many walking trails in and around Moore River which allow visitors to relish nature at its best. Swimming, kayaking, canoeing and cruising along the fertile river are also high on the agenda for holiday makers. A boardwalk allows visitors to appreciate the many species of birds and the surrounding area offers a great place to relax and have a picnic.
Fishing is a popular past time in the Moore River region and you can fish either in the river itself or off the coast in spots like Ledge Point, Caraban and Quinns Rocks. If you want to stay a few days, visitors can book into a beach house in the area and really make the most of the activities on offer.
Venturing inland from the coast along Gingin Brook Road you'll discover the small town of Gingin. Along the way stop at one of the charming restaurants or cafes nestled amid sparwling cottage gardens where you can sample fresh produce including citrus fruit, honey, olives and wine.
During spring the whole region is a great location to view wildflowers which you'll find along the roads and throughout the natural bushland. The region is also the starting point for WA's newest road - the Indian Ocean Drive - where you can explore the coastline all the way north from Lancelin through to Jurien.
Visit Moore River and Gingin
Explore the Perth Beaches further
Plan your trip to Perth
See all accommodation, tours, attractions, food and drink and retail in Perth.
Love Your Perth
There's so many ways to enjoy Perth and only one place to find them all.