COVID-19 Information and Support
On 11 March 2020, the World Health Organization (WHO) declared the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak a pandemic.
Australia has in place strict measures aimed at protecting Australians and visitors to our country from the Coronavirus and to try and reduce the spread.
The below websites are updated regularly with the latest key information around travel restrictions, social distancing measures and support and advice for all Australians.
- The Australian Government - latest news, updates and advice from government agencies across Australia.
- Prime Minister of Australia - view all the latest media statements from the Prime Minister of Australia.
- The Western Australian Government - information and advice for the Western Australian community and businesses. For the latest information and restrictions from the WA Government, click here.
- Australian Government Services Australia - information for individuals who have had a reduction or loss of income.
- Australian Competition and Consumer Commission - for advice on consumer rights regarding cancellations and refunds as a result of COVID-19.
- Australian Government - The Treasury - information on the Economic Response to the Coronavirus.
- Smartraveller - for the latest Australian travel advice.
- Department of Home Affairs - Coronavirus and the Australian border.
- The Western Australian Government Travel Advice - For the latest travel and transport advice from the WA Government. Click here for the latest regional travel restrictions.
- Consumer Protection FAQ - The Commissioner for Consumer Protection has issued some advice about your consumer rights during the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic.
- Department of Health - Stay up to date with the latest information about the spread of COVID-19 and the steps being taken to slow the spread.
- WA Department of Health - latest health advice and daily snapshot of the impacts COVID-19 is having in WA.
- HealthyWA - general information about COVID-19, symptoms and actions to take from the Department of Health.
- Beyond Blue - for well-being advice and tips to maintaining good mental health including managing feelings of concern, distress and anxiety as a result of COVID-19.
- Lifeline - providing advice and assistance to maintaining mental health and well-being during the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Anxiety Management fact sheet - for tips and advice on how to manage anxiety and stress during this time.
- Tourism Australia - support and relief assistance for Tourism businesses across Australia. Click here for Tourism Australia's latest information on COVID-19.
- Tourism Western Australia - health advice, business information and support, latest travel restrictions for WA and WA industry news. Click here for Tourism WA's latest Frequently Asked Questions surrounding COVID-19.
- Australian Tourism Export Council - federal and national business support, banking and financial hardship support and emotional support.
- Australian Hotels Association WA - for the latest information and advice from AHA WA including specific resources for hotels and venues.
Information for Businesses
- Funding boost to support Australian exporters and tourism businesses - full media statement from the Minister for Trade, Tourism and Investment.
- WA Small Business Development Corporation - resources for dealing with business disruption and the latest guidelines.
- Australian Government - The Treasury - Information on support available for businesses impacted by the Coronavirus. Click here for the fact sheet regarding cash flow for small businesses.
- Business.gov.au - Information regarding financial assistance, eligibility and timing for the new government support for Australian businesses.
- JobKeeper Factsheet - The Government has introduced a subsidy program to support employees and businesses. The JobKeeper Payment is designed to help businesses affected by the Coronavirus to cover the costs of their employees’ wages.
- WA Government $1B relief package - for information on the relief for households and small to medium-sized businesses.
- Business Australia - For free advice on the stimulus packages and how to navigate them.