Indigenous Experiences Australia (IEA) is an Aboriginal owned and operated tourism business delivering authentic cultural experiences throughout Australia. Come with us and enjoy a unique insight into our ancient culture and traditions that date back tens of thousands of years. Take in the sights and learn about this great land and its people; the oldest living culture on Earth.
Indigenous Experiences Australia is committed to providing opportunities for the next generation of Aboriginal Australians to ensure our culture's ongoing survival, now and into the future. By attending our tours, you are directly contributing to our mission to provide a viable and sustainable industry to our communities, and to achieve better outcomes for Aboriginal people.
Kaya, Wanjoo, noonaka yok marmun, koolungaart.
Hello, welcome to this place women, men and children.
Yuwarl koorl niche ngullaka boodja, Whadjuck boodja.
Come along. This is our country, Whadjuck country.
- Meet at Elizabeth Quay (Gumap) to board an eco-friendly 1920's style river Ferry, which is solar powered and driven by electric motors
- Cruise in a relaxed, informal and personalised atmosphere (max. 10 guests) and explore the culture and history of the Whadjuk people of the Derbal Yerrigan (Swan River). Experience their connection to the waterway and surrounds through language and stories
- Enjoy the picturesque sights of the Derbal Yerrigan (Swan River) and beautiful views of the City
- Learn about the six seasons and how they influenced the day to day lives of the Whadjuk people
- Hear Dreaming Stories and traditional songs
- Learn Bibbullmun (Nyoongar) Language
- End the tour by returning to Elizabeth Quay
Saturdays: 10am - 12pm, 2pm - 4pm