A day in our City
One of the state's most loved destinations for locals and tourists alike, the City of South Perth is jam packed with places to discover and explore.
From the banks of the Swan River to the parks, reserves and natural wetlands, the City offers endless options for those who love being outdoors. But if it's café culture, great food and boutique shops you seek, then the City has got you covered too.
The unique mix of leafy residential streets, contemporary urban design and a thriving shopping, café, restaurant and bar scene is complemented by its spectacular location, all just minutes from Perth's CBD.
Each year the City is home to some spectacular events and arts and culture activities including the Australia Day celebration.
Here are some of the City's hotspots:
- Sir James Mitchell Park and South Perth Foreshore - with its panoramic river and city views, outdoor activities and the many restaurants dotted along Mill Point Road and the foreshore.
- Mends Street - find a mouth-watering selection of coffee and breakfast options.
- Perth Zoo - home to 170 species and 1300 animals from Australia, Asia, Africa and South America.
- Old Mill - a City landmark with guided tours four days a week.
- Angelo Street in South Perth - known for its trendy cafes, bars and luxe boutiques and gift shops.
- Preston Street in Como - lined with cool cafes, restaurants and bars and is home to the historic Cygnet Cinema.
The City is jam packed with places to discover and explore. If you haven't visited us before, or if it's been a while since you last stopped by, we'd love to see you! Share your favourite discoveries with the City on social media, tag us on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter and use #discoversouthperth.