Perched on the Indian Ocean's shore, the Western Australian Maritime Museum is symbolic of Fremantle's past, present and future as a coastal city and port.
The Museum houses unique galleries that explore WA's relationship with the sea. From leisure boats and handcrafted sailing boats to commercial pearl luggers, the Museum inspires visitors to discover WA's affinity with the ocean.
The Maritime Museum is home to the winning America's Cup yacht, Australia II, an Oberon class submarine — HMAS Ovens, Jon Sanders' Parry Endeavour and many other iconic vessels from WA's maritime history.
- Adults: $10
- Children (5-15yrs): $3
- Concession: $5
- Family (2+2 or 1+3): $22
- Adults - $10
- Children (5-15yrs) - $3
- Concession - $5
- Family (2+2 or 1+3) - $22
- Adults - $16
- Children (5-15yrs) - $5
- Concession - $8
- Family (2+2 or 1+3) - $35
Open daily: 9.30am – 5.00pm
Open ANZAC Day 1.00pm – 5.00pm
Closed: Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Year's Day and Good Friday
Victoria Quay, Fremantle, WA 6160
The WA Maritime Museum is located close to the heart of Fremantle.
- Car: Paid parking is available just outside the museum at Victoria Quay.
- Train: The museum is located within walking distance of Fremantle Station.
- Bus: The museum is serviced by the free Fremantle Cat Service, at stop 24.